Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dad's Rocking Chair

I scored this from my parents once upon a time - I heart wood :D Here's a pic where you can see all it's woody goodness... (Well not ALL of it, I've obviously cut the legs off in this pic - bad photographer!)...




My Mum made a cushion/cover for it when i was a kid, I can't say I've ever really liked the fabric...(Sorry Mum!)...It's just draped over in this pic because I'd already taken it off..




So after buying the teensy cushion for $3.50 in the first pic, i decided to unzip the cushion cover, since i had found the zip just then (lol!) and look what was underneath..




A cool Retro 70's cushion (looks like possibly from my Grandparents outdoor furniture at one stage??) - Much cooler than the 80's country look fabric cover! Im sure it was cooler at the time Mum.
I was thinking of tying a brown ribbon around it to secure it to the chair maybe (Is it just me or is Ribbon expensive?!) - But it has been staying on by itself quite well and Kane has only pulled it off to surf on ONCE so far... OR maybe i can figure out how to cover it using hemmingtape (and craft glue??) and my excess fabric from my bedroom wall art I'm going to make? The outer caramel colour here..



First ever Link-Up to a blog-party!!! Woot. I hope I have actually done it right....Thankyou to the wonderful bloggers who have been inspiring me....Maybe I will even figure out HOW to recover my cushion cover (lol) But until then I'm settling for the easy new look :) Oh and maybe one day I will even paint it white!





4 comments:

  1. It's a basinet mattress you dope - Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes from when you were a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy I happened across your blog, it's delightful! I can't wait to follow you along all of life's grand adventures!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete