Wednesday, June 23, 2010

DIY Fabric covered Bedhead

On the weekend we made a Bedhead out of wood, cotton wadding and fabric for Sophie's Bed. I think it turned out really well :) I loved how easy it was to do. The most difficult part was the shopping again, working out measurements, materials and then fabrics. I made Sophie use the staple gun so that was easy too LOL. Do you like the contrast with the shocking pink?! We still have another coat and then gloss for the bedside table.




Here is a closeup of the shimmery black fabric (atleast where the flash shows it anyways)...Its black and velvety and looks like diamontes - very sophisticated.



Since my bed already had a frame/bedhead - Im going to settle for fabric wall art above the bed in my room!


I'm linking to a blog-party - Click to see lots of other great blogs and projects :)

3 comments:

  1. what an amazing bedhead you have made... and awesome bed covers and just and amazing room in total ;D LOVE SOPHIE
    p.s i like my drawers ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you're doing Jo, really creative and looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! Love the finished product and love the wonderful bedding!

    ReplyDelete